Whilst working out over the years we’ve noticed there are people that don’t stretch before or after working out. This is one of the worst things you can do when exercising as it can result in muscle tear and injury.
Stretching should be an essential part of your every day workout. Below we have listed reasons why you should always take the time to stretch.
1. Stretching before exercise allows your muscles to loosen and prepares your body to take on the impact of exercise you have chosen to do.
2. Your muscles are less likely to become injured by sudden movement when undergoing an activity. Whilst stretching you reduce the risk of injury.
3. After working out, stretching your muscles helps loosen the tightness effect that can lead to post-workout aches and pains.
4. Stretching actually improves your posture. When you stretch the shoulders, lower back and chest it helps keep your back in alignment which will improve your posture.
5. Tense muscles can cut off circulation which can result in a lack of oxygen and essential nutrients. Stretching allows your muscles to relax and increases blood supply to your muscles and joints.
6. Stretching reduces and manages stress. Well-stretched muscles hold less tension and can help you feel less stressed.
7. Regular stretching routines can help prevent future back pain by strengthening your back muscles and reducing the risk of muscle strain.
8. Stretching not only increases flexibility, but can also calm the mind. When stretching focus on mindfulness and meditation exercises which is done during yoga and pilates.
You can follow us on Twitter here
Shelley & Michelle xx